TOMATO CASHEW NUT RICE
- TOMATO CASHEW NUT RICEDescription : Tomato rice with cashew nuts, the flavour of both brings out the exotic taste and delicious feel. Serve the Tomato rice moist with the reserved toasted cashew nuts and a sprinkling of fresh coriander leaves accompanied with soothing raitha.IngredientsCooked rice 450gRefined Oil/Ghee 50gMustard ½ tspDry red chillies 4noGreen chilies,slit 2noChili powder 1tspTurmeric a pinchSalt to tasteTomato, cut in to pieces 6noTomato puree 1tbspWater ¼ cupCoriander leaves for garnishing 1 bunchCurry leaves 3 sprigsBengal Gram(Chana dal) ½ tspUrad dal 1 tspCashew nuts 5 noMethod
- In a frying pan , pour the oil and heat it. Add mustard, wait until it crackles.
- Then add dry red chillies, channa dal, urad dal. now add curry leaves, green chilli, cashew nuts and cook for some time.
- Now add chopped tomato, salt, chili powder and turmeric ,tomato, tomato puree and cook it.
- After tomatoes are cooked for 3 to 4 minutes, add cooked rice to it and stir.
- Now add coriander leaves.
- Garnish with chopped tomato, onion and more coriander leaves.
- Tomato Rice can be served with coconut chutney or pickle or pudina chutney or Potato chips and soothing raitha.