Mar 28, 2008
To read this recipe in Marathi CLICK HERE
Big Purple Brinjal (Eggplant): 1
Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder: 2 tsp
Sooji (Semolina): 1 tsp (Optional)
Rice Flour: 1 tsp (Optional)
Jeera (Cumin) Powder: 1 tsp (Optional)
Dhania (Coriander) Powder: 1 tsp (Optional)
Salt to Taste
1. Wash eggplant and cut it into around 1/2 inch round slices.
2. Mix all dry ingredients very well.
3. Apply this mixture on the both sides of all eggplant slices.
4. Heat oil in frying pan. Place eggplant slices one by one in the pan. Make sure oil is coated on each slice. Cooke these slices on slow flame. Turn 2-3 times until they become littlebit brown. Follow this procedure for all slices.
5. Sprinkle some coriander leaves on cooked slices and serve hot with rice and daal or you can eat this as appetizer.
If you want you can bake these in oven or grill it.
This is my entry for Sandeepa's RCI:Bengal Event